1. Who is responsible for your data?
Valaya is a company registered in Belgium, VAT number BE 0448 275 996 (“we” “us” and “our” being interpreted accordingly). We are the data controller of the personal data that we collect, and as such, control the ways personal data is collected and the purposes of which personal data is used.
Depending on how you use our services, we might collect the following personal data from you only when you voluntarily provide us with this information.
- Your personal details including first name, last name, date of birth, e-mail address, phone number, mobile number, company name, current position in company, personal address, business address, and other details when submitting an enquiry through the Website or by e-mail.
- Personal details you choose to give when corresponding with us by phone, SMS, e-mail, in letters, on social media, or in person.
- Sales related information, such as date, products or services provided, place of purchase, product codes, amount, total of sales, VAT number, complaints, returns, refunds and other sales related information as allowed by applicable laws.
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To acknowledge, confirm and deal with your enquiry.
- To manage, administer and process orders.
- To manage, administer and process post-sale services, e.g. administrative activities, accounting, communicating with you, including by e-mail, for any problem relating to the handling of the order or to subsequent requests relating to the order.
- To contact you in connection with user/customer/member surveys and use any information you choose to submit in response.
- To administer our Site and ensure that our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer/device.
- For internal business/technical operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and as part of our efforts to keep our Website secure.
We may share your personal data with trusted third parties in the following situations:
- We may make your personal data available to selected third parties to support our operations.
- Our IT suppliers and contractors (e.g. data hosting providers or delivery partners) may need to have access to your personal information to provide IT support and enable us to provide services and other goods/services.
- If we sell the business or its assets, in which case personal data will be one of the transferred assets.
- If the business is placed under a legal duty by a court order or arbitral order or by regulatory or professional requirements to professional bodies, authorized by statute to demand them or otherwise if required by law.
- To protect us, and our contractors against loss or damage. This may include (without limit) exchanging information with the police, courts or law enforcement organisations.
Data will be stored in the business’ hard copy files and on its third party hosted dedicated servers in accordance with strict procedures and security features and accepted industry standards of security and protection.
Transmission of information via the internet and storage at locations accessible from it can never be completely secure and we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of data transmitted to the Website which is at users’ risk.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, rectify and delete your personal data. Users have a right to access their information held by the business by requesting the right of access in writing by post or email to email@example.com. You also have the right to object to and restrict certain processing of your data. This includes:
- The right to object to our processing of your data for direct marketing, which you can exercise by using the “unsubscribe” link in any email communication that we may send you. We will then stop any further emails from that particular division.
- The right to object to our processing of your data where we are performing a task in the public interest or pursuing our legitimate interests or those of a third party.